Before ICE removal:
I also put a list together of work or known issues with the car in an effort to remain organized and remember what still needs to be done besides the actual conversion:
- Check manual transmission for leaks and inspect shifter bushings which might need changing or lubrication.
- Inspect clutch and make any necessary repairs.
- Look into why ABS brake indicator is lit on instrument panel.
- Will need rear drum brakes job.
- Will need rear link bars.
- Will need tires (winter & summer/all season).
- Rear passenger electrical door lock malfunction.
- Front passenger door speaker malfunction.
- License plate lights malfunction.
- Interior cleaning.
- Perform minor touch-ups on exterior.
The place where the work will be performed is very spacious and I have already set-up temporary work benches. I have access to a commercial grade compressor for the use of air tools. I will be borrowing many tools from my father-in-law.
Here are a few pictures of the garage: