Friday, April 10, 2009

Serious Battery Delays

Today I contacted the battery vendor with whom I placed my order at the end of February. Five weeks had past and I wanted to get a status and estimated delivery date. Since my follow-up email was not answered within a couple of days, I decided to call and finally got through after getting voicemail on earlier attempts. I was shocked when I heard that I would not receive anything for at least another five weeks. Apparently, the supplier in China is behind on orders and for the supposedly the first time, all orders are badly delayed. I had heard from other buyers that delays between 6-8 weeks were normal but I never expected to have to wait eleven weeks. I hope the container coming from China by sea isn't on that ship that was hijacked by Somalian pirates......

2 comments:

chrisonline1991 said...

You should ask for a discount then. It isn't your fault that they are behind.

Brian said...

That's terrible. I figured you were a week or two away. Sorry to hear the bad news :(